Yes you will need to connect the gateway with the data cable supplied to the router is also supplied. setup is simple connect the power supply to the gateway and connect the data cable to the router and the connection is complete
the gateway is basically has 2 parts 1 part is the communication that talks to the devices and the second part is the WiFi router that allows the gateway to connect with the devices, the gateway has a range of 30M so providing the device is within range the device will work however if there are obstructions such as concrete wall or floors steel or glass etc. this will reduce gateway signal strength so every situation is different so you will need to test it to determine if it can work. If it does not work then you will need to install another gateway closer to the device you want to operate you can do this simply by powering a gateway and connecting it
NETWORK CAPABILITY, the GATEWAY is needed to control different types of smart products within an intelligent system. The dedicated GATEWAY analyzes and process communications data for the smart products. And is not limited by the quantity or type of product. WIFI smart products, are generally limited by the number products, and will cause WIFI congestion or disconnection, resulting in devices not responding correctly to the commands and ultimately a bad user experience results.
SYSTEM STABILITY, there is a special communication protocol that makes the stability of the network strong, so it can effectively communicate with all the smart devices connected to it, and respond accurately and quickly to the commands
MAINTANING SMART THE SYSTEM By using a Gateway means that there is no special programming of the router required to make the smart products work and if the router is replaced there is no programming needed you simply plug in the Gateway to the new router and you are and running instantly and all the smart products will also work
NETWORK SECURITY , because our GATEWAY and our server have specially encrypted communication protocols in place, the smart system will not be affected by the vulnerability of the WIFI network. This increases the network security compared to connection to the WIFI router only.
You can setup multiple sites from the 1 app login all you need is a gateway at each site connected to the wifi router and then you’re other devices at each site will be linked to the gateway at the same site
1. Wi-Fi systems do not require a gateway so they are much less secure and very easy to hack into the system Making your system vulnerable to hackers and take over your smart products with a home or office.
2. If you change your Wi-Fi password all the devices will need to be reset also whenever a change is made on that Wi-Fi system all the products we need to be reset so this can cause a lot of issues with product serviceability customers will always blame the product for not working Correctly and blame the supplier for the issues
3. A ZigBee System offers a very high level of security to protect you from hackers with the gateway device, if you change the password on your Wi-Fi it has no effect on your home or office automation system and connection is also very simple.
4. Wi-Fi systems are also much more unstable as interference from other Wi-Fi systems can cause issues with signal dropping in and out causing connection Problems with and devices is not working correctly once again the Customer will blame the supplier for these issues.
5. ZigBee networks can be cluster, star or mesh networks which allow each device to communicate with each other so it communicate to derives over very long distances
6. Wi-Fi control system is designed for very small systems generally under 20 devices maximum products before The system becomes unstable ZigBee has the ability up to 200 devices on one gateway and many gateways can be added to expand the system and still offer a high level of stability.
7. The ZigBee system offers Secure, stable and complete home automation solutions that can control many different types of devices for homes and offices from 1 app.
8. ZigBee also use very low data transmission rate so it is ideal for using battery powered devices
9. These are just some of the reasons why A ZigBee system is far better for controlling a smart home so yes there is some additional cost with a ZigBee system but the adv